Friday, January 11, 2008

Lets do this thing..together!

Ok, so I love to blog on my own family blog. It gives me something to look forward to and something to think about, being as that I am a stay at home mom and have nothing but house work to do. So I got to thinking this morning and thought it would be a great idea to start a blog for HORSLEY NEWS. This will be some place we can all go to inform each other about what our family's are up to and what the little ones have accomplished. I know that for us (The Cooks) we feel out of the loop sometimes. John and Sherri are in Idaho and Cox's and Ruth and Jer are in Logan, I am sure they feel the same way.

Taylor misses her cousins dearly and we wish we can be involved in every little family get together but with a 2 1/2 hour drive it's not always possible.

Now listen, when we get together, all of us, we all have a whole lot to say. So lets start saying it on this here new family Horsley blog. Let's keep on each others lives more often. I miss my brothers and my sisters and mom and dad alot. I am hoping this will keep us closer and more informed. We can use this to connect cousins and family friends as well. We can use this to post everyone about up coming events aka, baptisms, blessings, graduations, parties, the list goes on. Please help me make this fun and exciting for every one, including the kids.

We have teenagers now in the Horsley Crew so they will be way into this I am sure. Check back every now and then for updates on new news.

4 comments:

Jack Horsley said...

Ok I that I am now ready to try blogging. I found out what Dad's Goggle password is and so this should now work. We should be able to keep you all up dated on important mission experiences, like yesterday I learned how to go into word and make a copy of a master to use and still leave the master intack. Really exciting. I do a lot of mundane things so that the full time employees don't have to use up there time doing them. It doesn't sound excititing but sometimes it is interesting. Don't forget that Grandma loves you

Jack Horsley said...

I hope that this is how I make comments on the family blog. Dad and I can give you some ideas of what is happening on our mission. Yesterday I learned how to take a master document in Word and create a new one to fill out while leaving the master in tack. I am working on extracting information on a book about Scottish Parishes in the 1840s. It may sound boring but it is really interesting.
I also do lots of little odds and ends kinds of jobs. Yesterday I check the answering phone and the e-mail to get the people calling in or e-mailing in to register for classes and then I had to put them on the class lists they had registered for. A lot of the stuff I do is kind of mundane but I am helping out full time employees so they don't have to do the mundane time consuming stuff.
I like the blog idea.
love MOM (Grandma)

Jack Horsley said...

I really love the info on Potty training. It's so nice it's not me doing it. Grandma

Horsley News said...

Someone in the family needs to show your mom and dad how to create blogs. We don't know what to do. Dad