Saturday, January 12, 2008

Jack's Christmas Train Village


Frances called to instruct me how to post a blog and picture so I decided to give it a try. I thought I would send a pictures of my Christmas Train Village that I displayed in the living room during December. I just took it down this week. Several of the grandkids came over during the holidays to see and operate the train. Also several neighbor kids. I had fun sharing my hobby with others this year and plan to add more things to the village next year. I placed mini hershey bars on one of the flat cars and candy canes on another. After the kids operated the train and blew the whistle several times they stopped the train in front of them and took the candy from the flat cars. Later,
I decided to let them take the candy from the bowl because their eager little hands would derail the cars. Next year I want to add people and a winter ice skating scene. As you all know I have always had a desire to build my own model railroad. Susan and I have been talking about finishing the basement in two years. If we decide to stay here for awhile I would like to put in a theater room, a bathroom, a bedroom and a room to build my model railroad. It would be a fun place for the grandkids to come and operate it with me. Then go watch a movie with popcorn and have a sleep-over.

3 comments:

Horsley News said...

Good job dad you did it. pretty easy isn't it. Love your train. Love you too. have a great week love frances

Horsley News said...

Hey Daddy-o. Good job on your post. I love the pictures, however my kids and are ones that never got to see the train. We didn't get to head out that way as much as we wanted. We miss you and love you both so much.
Hugs and Kisses
Janni

Sarah said...

Hi "dad" this is sarah. Loved the train, jade and allie loved the treats...have a great day!