Sunday, January 13, 2008

Christmas Puzzles


RaeAnn gave mom and dad puzzles for Christmas. Jack was given a train puzzle which Susan completed tonight. Unfortunately it was missing a few pieces in the upper right hand corner. I have included a picture of the completed puzzle. We had fun working on it the last several weeks. Susan was given a puzzle of Yellowstone National Park. It is a larger puzzle and we have not started it yet. Thank you RaeAnn for the fun gifts. Last Friday I helped a member in the FHL named Raeann. I told her my daughter had the same name. I also helped a brother and sister from Washington DC/Virginia area in town on a business conference. They had ancestors from Iran. The girl was able to find her father's pedigree on one of the CD's of pedigree resource file that went back several generations. They were very interested in why the church does family history research. I explained that the church believes that family relationships can continue after death and we are encouraged to identify our family relationships. In the FHL we are not supposed to do proselyting missionary work but if the patrons show an interest to refer them to the missionaries on temple square. I shared some information about the Book of Mormon and showed them how to find a family history center to assist them when they get home. They wanted to know if they could attend our church on Sunday before they returned home. I told them how to find a chapel and to be sure to attend the choir broadcast on Sunday at 9:30 am. They thanked me and commented how friendly the people have been. Another woman from Michigan I helped on Wednesday. She was researching her ancestry from Italy. She was able to locate two US Census records from Michigan and the most exciting find was her great grandfather's passport which include his picture. She also asked why we do family history research so I helped her understand why. She was in town visiting a male friend who is a member of the church. As you can tell I am enjoying helping people discover and research their root

I have also included a picture of our water fountain that I decorate as a Christmas Tree during the holidays. It has a lighted train in front. Since I must cover it with plastic during the winter I make it look like a Christmas tree by spraying it green on top and brown on the bottom and put lights on it.

Hope you enjoyed the puzzle picture. Love you all, Dad

No comments: