Saturday, January 12, 2008

Jumping in!




Hello all from the Cox family. I love reading everyones blogs. This will be fun to hear more family news. So I'm jumping in.

We are up here in the Land of the North covered in piles of snow. The kids are out in it now. It has been really cold so it is nice today is warm enough for them to play in. Not to mention the house is more quiet. Thus I have time to write.

I thought I would share my family history goals for this year, since mom and dad are servng a family history mission. My first goal is to go to the temple once a month. I have struggled to be consistant ever since Kylee was born. She is almost two so I guess it is time to make no more excuses. My second goal is to write in my journal everday or as often as my tired little self will let me about how the Lord blessed me that day. I started this last month and it has been awesome to recognize things that happened that at the time I didn't pay attention to. Along with my journal goal, I want to spend at least 10 minutes everyday typing my old journals on the computer. I do this because next to loosing my children in a fire, I would be devastated to loose my journals. Last goal is to keep a fun record of my family activities. I plan on doing this through scrapbooking. I have been trying to do this through the cut and paste the paper way. It isn't working so well. Now I am trying it digitally.

Janice congratulations on potty training Morgan. Kylee is interested in the toilet. She has sat on it lots and this week she pooped for the first time. We were all pretty excited. Kylee loved the M & M's the most though. She will do almost anything for candy.

I am so excited for the St. George trip. I am excited to play with all of you, but I think I am almost as excited to travel. I downloaded a book for us to listen to. I love to read but I don't get a lot of time to do it. This is a great way to do it. I am also bringing my computer so I will have lots of hours to scrapbook.

4 comments:

Horsley News said...

Fun to read you current blog. Thanks again for the dinner with Ruth and Jer. Frances taught me today how to blog and add pictures so I just created one. Hope you enjoy it since you did not get down to have the kids operate the Christmas train. Love Dad

Horsley News said...

Hi jenny. I'm excited for this weekend to. Sounds like things are doing good for you right now. Love you tons see you in 6 days. Love frances

Horsley News said...

Hey Jen, Love to hear from everyone. I love to see the pictures too. Digital scrapbooking is the new in thing i Guess, that is what Mandy is into right now. I think I should try it too. Maybe I will have to have Mandy sit me down and step me through it. looking forward to next weekend,
Hugs and Kisses
Janni

Sarah said...

Hi Jenny,

Great to hear from you! Awesome goals...i need to work on getting to the Temple more too! Allie pooped in the toilet a couple of days ago with all of us watching...she loved putting on a good show! I can't wait until she is potty trained, she needs a little more time though I think. We will see you soon! Love, Sarah