Thursday, September 18, 2008

Missing my family!

Just wanted to tell everyone that I/we are missing you so much.

Being in Kentucky is where we are suppose to be, I do not doubt that. However, it is really hard most days to know that when we are waking up at 7am it is only 5am in Utah, or that we can't just jump in the car and go visit for the weekend, or to know that half (exaggeration) is training and running for the Half marathon or 5k in St George on Nov 8Th. It is strange to think that when we are climbing in bed at 10:30pm it is only 8:30 and you are all still awake. We have missed Nate's baptism and we have missed Birthdays, and we will have to miss the Horsley reunion at Heber Valley Camp.

Here is a quote I have been thinking alot about:
"You only ever grow as a human being if you're outside your comfort zone." ~Percy Cerutty

So living outside of Utah and away from out friends and family is definitely out of my comfort zone, but I wouldn't change this time for anything. I know that as a family we are changing for the better. I know Greg has changed and is looking forward to more changes in the future, and I know I have changed. I like the changes in us and I like who we are becoming. Not that we were bad or horrible, but we are just looking at our life, the Gospel and this Country with totally new and opened eyes.

Thanks for all your support and remember we love and miss you all.
Janice

5 comments:

Amberly said...

aww, i miss you guys so much too! you are so awesome. you are probably doing SO MUCH good in kentucky right now! i'm proud of you! and i love looking at your blog! if you still want me to come out for spring break i would have the time of my life!!! we will have to see if we can work that out for sure! i love you so much!

Horsley News said...

We miss you guys too. I'm so glad you started this blog so it can feel like we're not so far apart. I can't wait to see you for the holidays. Love RaeAnn

Baldwincrew-blog said...

I miss you the most. Love you tons and thanks for all the texts and phone calls thank goodness for technology that it can keep us in contact. You are the best.

Horsley News said...

Wow! Great thoughts and good reminder. Don't worry you are very missed. I still find myself looking at Vernal on the weather report and then remembering your not there. One of the greatest time of our lives was when we lived in Alaska.
Good experiences. for you too in Kentucky.
love
MOM

Lydia said...

Janni,
The meaning of sacrafice is giving something up for something better. I know that you have made many sacarfices to be where the Lord need you to be but he will give you something better for it. I love you tons!