Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Dad is having surgery

As you all know by now, your dad was found to have those nasty little cancer cells growing in his prostate. Susan and I met with the doctor to discuss treatment options. Because the doctor thinks the cancer is contained within the prostate gland and other tests seem to confirm this, the doctor recommended surgery as the best option. Of course surgery and radiation both cause side effects that most men would not desire. It could be compared to knowing you must have your leg amputated to save your life. A person would naturally hesitate to rush into the decision. After considering the various options I have decided to have surgery and remove the "damn thing". I meet again with the doctor on April 24. The surgery will be scheduled for early May. Your thoughts and prayers will be appreciated. It would be good if the family can gather before the date of surgery and have a priesthood blessing. Susan will call and make the arrangements. Love Dad

3 comments:

Baldwincrew-blog said...

You have my prayers. Let me know what I can do for you love you tons. Love Frances

Mandy said...

I am thinking of you! ALL OF YOU!!!!! I love you all.

Janice {Run Far} said...

Love you too dad- YOu rock and you will be just fine, I know it....